“I’m fine. Let’s go get drunk and listen to music.”
—from Birds of America, by Lorrie Moore
Marie Lorena Moore was born today in 1957 in Glens Falls, New York, and nicknamed “Lorrie” by her parents.
Ahhhh, Lorrie Moore. When Birds of America came out, Max gave me a new copy right before I was wheeled into (minor) surgery.
- braidedgraphite likes this
- handsomeyoungwriters reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- buddhassecret reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- graykatrina likes this
- chrisanthimum reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks and added:
- theghostofpoetryfuture likes this
- heyheybetty likes this
- asperula60 likes this
- prairielights likes this
- meganlives likes this
- littlebradshaw likes this
- cocogolightly reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks and added:
- italicsmine likes this
- achaoticmasterpiece reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- achaoticmasterpiece likes this
- sahoward likes this
- arnold-broenberg reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- onlyonenancy likes this
- carpentrix likes this
- lookerlooker reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- lookerlooker likes this
- newboldink likes this
- derasso reblogged this from tinglealley
- janehu likes this
- bradleywarshauer likes this
- tinglealley reblogged this from maudnewton and added:
- amywhipple likes this
- galapagosgal likes this
- portraitasazoo reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks
- portraitasazoo likes this
- subrealist reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks and added:
- lizdrahman reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks and added:
- specialedition87 reblogged this from maudnewton and added:
- specialedition87 likes this
- tinglealley likes this
- maudnewton reblogged this from vintageanchorbooks and added:
- fleecy-fiber likes this
- maxwelleaton likes this
- adecker31 likes this
- vintageanchorbooks posted this
Stuff I Like
"One wonders how an artist’s own story of discovery can ‘trample on the freedom of conservatives.’ But such is the convoluted logic of the censor."
- "Make a fattie to-do list and just hit that shit hard."
— Advice from Lena Dunham.. In the video, she’s responding to a question about how to...
- The Little Cowboy
Last Friday I was at the bar, and a friend called me over to meet her best friend, who I’ll call Jenny. Jenny was great—has a...
The saddest sight I ever saw was in a Montmartre boîte at about 5 o’clock of an autumn morning. At a table in the corner of a hall sat three young...
- Creation A Watched Pot Within Me
A hangover aside from researching this essay on Daphne du Maurier: In one of her letters to her publisher, she...
On TwitterFollow @maudnewton