Joseph Conrad’s Sci-Fi book, The Inheritors (1901)
“it concerns a scheme by a group of people from ‘the Fourth Dimension’ to wipe away the current order on earth and set up their own morally dubious hegemony.” - from today’s GUARDIAN.CO.UK
FULL TEXT (Good luck finding a non-digital copy of this baby…)
Welp, this seems cool. I guess I’ll just print up a copy for myself with our new book machine now. Did you say trouble finding a non-digital copy? Because that was wicked easy.
The Inheritors is great — weird, slyly satirical, generally delightful. I first ran across it a couple years ago while gearing up for a back-and-forth with Alex Chee about Ford Madox Ford (Conrad’s co-author) and Jean Rhys.
- stanjenkins1128 likes this
- streamates likes this
- boscothemigh likes this
- murmuju reblogged this from maudnewton
- mhsteger likes this
- uncertaintimes likes this
- wemakebelieve likes this
- livebegive likes this
- hardandhard likes this
- skibinskipedia likes this
- junk-pile likes this
- knownforms likes this
- sarahwrotethat likes this
- thelittlemermaid reblogged this from housingworksbookstore and added:
- maudnewton reblogged this from mcnallyjackson and added:
- empiricalmediatheory likes this
- alldaynow likes this
- kenzel likes this
- housingworksbookstore reblogged this from mcnallyjackson and added:
- choire likes this
- bitchelf likes this
- mcnallyjackson reblogged this from sagatrope and added:
- sagatrope posted this
Stuff I Like
Please be excited for this brave new world. It’s going to be great.
yes, i do.
i’ve had a bunch of pretty heavy life questions thrown at me by my kid recently, so I seriously appreciate last night’s bedtime query:...
“I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I...”
On TwitterFollow @maudnewton