My friend Stephanie Keith, an extraordinary photographer with an insatiable curiosity about the world and a passion for documenting it, has done some of the best work on Occupy Wall Street. That’s her now-iconic photograph (above) of the Brooklyn Bridge arrests, taken shortly before she herself was arrested.
Her new book of images, Occupy Wall Street NYC, is available in preview now, and I’m so excited for her but also hoping some developer — ideally, Once Magazine’s — will offer to create a really good iPad app for it. A historical collection like hers deserves meticulous presentation and wide distribution.
- myhandmadejewelry likes this
- stephaniekeith reblogged this from thechimerist and added:
- mukherji likes this
- uncertaintimes likes this
- young-anarchist likes this
- annawiener likes this
- matthewgallaway likes this
- pamelab likes this
- jessedarland likes this
- d---db---s likes this
- fuzzytypewriter reblogged this from maudnewton
- janafitz reblogged this from thechimerist
- sawyerpaul likes this
- maudnewton reblogged this from thechimerist
- joey-minaj likes this
- thechimerist posted this
Stuff I Like
One of my favorite things in Sylvia Plath’s diaries are the entries that swing from “I need to start having people over for dinner more often! What...
maudnewton replied to your photoset “Look, I really love cats. But I just tried to google “cat smiling” and…”
Cats smile with their eyes… I...
On TwitterFollow @maudnewton